Friday, December 4, 2009

poor food

Alrighty, haven't blogged in a while because I was very busy at my real job and life but now I don't have a job so I'm a full-time jobseeker/blogger/tweeter/facebooker. Excellent. Sometimes, I manage my life better the poorer I am, and I'm ready to get back to having fun. In my six years at this last job I've been pretty miserable in my personal life, to be honest. Maybe not miserable, but in a rut. Excitement was getting to stay home and clear off the TiVO.

Most recent food and drink activities have included doing the Les Dames Escoffier...Afternoon in the Country at Serenbe again (thanks to a friend's generous ticket), Decatur Beer Festival, Thanksgiving, and making chocolate souffle. Afternoon in the Country is a giant meat-wine-chocolate fest. That really is what it boils down to. I had some pretty amazingly simple but delicious brisket with sunchoke slaw and my friend had a date wrapped in prosciutto stuffed with blue cheese that she loved. Otherwise, I wasn't all that excited. I did purchase some honey from one of those little shops in the main village-y part of Serenbe. I just ran out from my unbelievably delectable bottle from last year so it was perfect timing.

Decatur Beer Festival was cold and rainy-ish this year for the beginning part. We had fun because my friend made pretzel/breath mint necklaces for us that others were mucho jealous of. Memorable beers? It's all a blur weeks on but it is always a good time.

Chocolate souffle - the simplest recipe in the world: 3 egg yolks and melted chocolate (pick a good chocolate), 6 egg whites, 1/3 cup sugar. It is to-die-for and super-easy. Bake for 45 minutes at 350 F. Don't leave any leftovers or they will concrete themselves into your souffle dish.

No comments: