Thursday, December 10, 2009

winter and comfort food

Ahh, butternut squash and hazelnut lasagna - cheesy, warm, sage-y, surprisingly light, this is my favorite lasagna recipe ever. Cook butternut squash with onions, butter, garlic, toast a cup of chopped hazelnuts and toss in some chopped sage and parsley. Roux with 5 cups of milk, a bay leaf and garlic, cooked down until creamy, layer with mozzarella/parmigiano-reggiano cheese mix (about 5 cups total) with lasagna noodles and the butternut squash mixture - cook for 25 minutes with foil on, 15 minutes with foil off at 425. So so so good. I ate three huge pieces tonight before I forced myself to put it away. I also made a traditional banana pudding - yum. It probably doesn't help that I watched the Top Chef finale and Gordon Ramsay's F Word that I've had on TiVO for a while all day.

No comments: